Friday, April 17, 2009

HSG is cancelled!

Emailed my Gynae last night and got her reply in about an hour time... I was asking her whether is it necessary for me to take on the HSG test ... HSG stands for Hysterosalpingogram.

What is Hysterosalpingogram?

A hysterosalpingogram is a fertility test used to detect uterine and fallopain health. The HSG test uses x-ray technology to create a picture of the uterus and fallopian tubes. When you undergo an HSG test, colored dye is injected into you uterus. This dye then travels up through the fallopian tubes and out into the abdominal cavity. The HSG allows your health care provider to determine if there is any damage to your reproductive system.

I was telling her that on the day my baby cord came out the contractions took so long to happen and she have to increase the dosage from one, two then to three pills. I reached the hospital at about 4.30am and contractions happens only at about 11.00pm, 18hours of wait...
During the afternoon, Hubby & I went for walk in the hospital and I even hop around and down the stairs...and I was walking around my ward as my Gyane advise me to walk more to let contractions happen fast but...zzzz

My gynae reply was :"and yes, you're probably right - most unlikely cervical incompetence since it took so long to induce contractions! For patients with that problem, the fetus literally "slips" out easily even without contractions. guess i'm just hoping to find a cause and explanation for what happened.....so that may be we can prevent it from happening again...OK, I will agree with you - let's cancel the HSG!"

I've gone thru all kind of test and everything show normal, gynae is trying her best to find out what's the problem.. I was also very touch when Gynae came back on Sunday to visit me during my hospital stay and specially open up her clinic for me to have a ultrasound scan, to check how's the baby doing at that time... I would definitely go back to her for my next pregnancy :)

2 comments:

  1. jiayou... it wont be easy but be strong... i understand how u feel more then the rest... i dare to say out loud...

    ReplyDelete