Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whisky the Westie...

Went to petschannel to put Whisky up for adoption, the toughest decision that I have made... 好舍不得 ,可是沒辦法。好傷心 也好難鍋。

Shortly after I am done with the posting, my handphone started to ring and plenty of SMS coming in asking about adoption, not forgetting email as well. Adoption fee of S$500.00 and YES! S$500! Which also includes, peeing tray, food, shampoo, heartworm tablets, clothing, leash, collar, toys, shaver, comb, brush, clipper, ear and eyes cleaner...

Some response was like;

1. Oh, I thought it's free...
2. Oh, I'm looking at only about S$150.00
3. Bargain and bargain and bargain
4. Oh, I can only offered S$200.00 if not good luck to your sales
5. S$440.00 please, I promise that I will love the dog and after telling the person price is fixed, he/she replied with i charged too high for a adopted dog!

WTH! What sales, I'm so freaking pissed.... ARGH....
If the person is really serious about Westie they wouldn't mind about the S$500.00.

Hello! It's a west highland terrier... Branded dog *LOL* :P
Adoption fee is not negotiable~ Whisky cost S$2800.00 and after hubby 死賴不走 at Vivo pet shop and finally the guy agreed to give another S$300.00 off but condition will be, have to pay by Cash... I remember it was my birthday in year 2007 and hubby came to pick me up at my old company in Woodlands ...

Hubby: What do I want for my birthday?
Me: Anything, go makan or movie can liao...
Hubby: actually, I been to a few pets shop and check out on doggy...
Me: O-O
Hubby: I have found one in Vivo, and you will love it!
Me: How much?
Hubby: 2.5k
Me: Speechless... but, can we go take a look? ^^

Off we go... Reached Vivo and saw Whisky! He was so cute and happily wagging his tail. I been to few pet shop before and so far none of the dog have such a friendly reaction... I told hubby I need to think about it as it's a huge commitment and very pricey!

1hour have passed, 2 hour....Hubby was telling me what do I have to do if he really buy Whisky for me... and... Suddenly hubby asked me;

Hubby: or you want a LV bag? LV bag is cheaper...
Me: wooo, good idea...
Hubby: -_-"
Me: hahahaah.... I want Whisky!
Hubby: Ok! you sure uh! I will go draw cash now...
Me: I'm sooooo excited....

The most expensive gift that I ever had and I love it! Why hubby decided to buy Whisky for me?
I used to be afraid of dog but not anymore... ^^ Before we get Whisky, I was telling hubby that if I were to have a dog, it must be gentle and not so active as I'm afraid but guess what~ ^^

Hubby paid for the dog while I paid for Whisky cage, shampoo, vitamins, comb/brush, clipper. Total damage is about $2.8k+ Whisky was only 3 months old and he's kinda small and soft... I was pretty scared that he will pee on me while on our way home... Vivo - woodlands...
While on our way home, hubby was asking what to name him and he said try to think of something with wiiiii/weeee and immediately I thought of Whisky and it's set~ =D

The first 2 weeks was terrible + horrible as Whisky was whining for like 22 hours?! Hubby was telling me as it's a new environment for Whisky, it's normal for him to whine... Whisky 1st shower and nail trimming session was by Hubby as I'm afraid I will hurt the dog or somehow break his bone or what so ever... Crazy thoughts... Thanks to hubby, he is the one guiding me what to do and how to do it and now, I can handle it all xD I remember the first thing that Whisky learned is "come" ^^

There are some unique thing about Whisky as well. For example, if I'm crying he will quickly come over and used his paw to tap me twice to thrice and look at me with his head moving up.. it's something like him, asking me why am I crying? He will then sit beside me quietly if not he will grab his soft toy for me... *lol* So sweet, isn't it...

There goes the alarm in the morning and I can hear Whisky rushing to my bed side to greet me and to lick my hand ^^

A dog is human best friends, it's so true...

How I wish, a kind soul can offered help looking after my whisky if I'm ...... again... and to get him back when the time is right *sigh* I wish....

How I wish Hubby nose isn't that sensitive... >.< *sobsob*

I love this quote:

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

LOL @ this quote...

My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives." - Rita Rudner

1 comment:

  1. We can consider to have another later, if our flat/apt comes with a rubbish chute... unless pets can learn to pee/poo accurately in the toilet bowl and flush it, i will not mind... lol.
    The excretion/ammonia even packed in a fasten plastic bag launch a massive perpetual assault on my malfunctioned olfactory organ that triggers sneezing fits that could last for hours....
    Actually, i feel more like a a$$h0le for this as I am utterly lazy, theres simply no excuses...
    Then again, for our future baby (TTC atm) to our malay neighbours, letting him go will do the family more good than hanging on to ill responsibilities which definitely not do Whisky any justice... Therefore, it's imperative that we have to be more selective on the new adoptive/foster family to ensure that he will be treated with more attention and love.

    ReplyDelete